The financial industry can provide a lot of career opportunities, if you are a recently qualified accountant or a seasoned finance professional considering the best career move, research and career planning is a must. Don’t run the risk of taking the next job that comes along because it ticks some boxes right now. Plan, think about where you want to be now, in 3 years and in 10 years and how you will get there. 2022 is a candidate market, there are huge opportunities for accountants in Ireland with employers nationwide offering remote working and hybrids, so career choices have never been this vast.
Here are our recommendations:
- LinkedIn is the ultimate networking tool, you can connect with finance leaders across companies that peak your interest, putting your profile in front of them and engaging where appropriate
- Now that the world is opening again you should build and leverage personal connections by going to conferences, job fairs and other events that bring finance professionals together are a must. Reach out talk to colleagues, industry leaders and build that all important networks. Professional networks often lead to job offers
- Talk to the best finance recruiters free of charge and ask them to research and find suitable employers and roles based on your unique needs.
- Know your market
- Build a pool of top employers that are growing, offering career advancement, paying well, offering flexibility, building a great culture and so on.
- Talk to Finance Recruitment Specialists to get the inside track on top employers in your filed
- Improve your skills
- Identify courses & further education that can help build your career. It’s important to know what employers are looking for and how you can upskill throughout your career to give you the best career options.
- Most employers will support your learning and development journey, so ask about this at interviewing stages to ensure your requirements will be met.
- Ask for new tasks
- Asking to work on new projects, mentor team members, join committees and in general come out of your comfort zone, will serve you well. The more experience you gain and then bring to the table the bigger your career prospects.
- Talk to a Finance Recruitment Specialists
- Avoid generalists and speak with recruiters (free of charge) that specialise in finance bringing real expertise and advice on how to form an effective career plan.
Here at Martina Quinn, we strongly believe in transforming lives through the world of work every day to help you achieve your career goals. We offer great advice every day and in short build careers www.mqrecruitment.ie